Eccles Grammar School
CHRISTMAS QUIZ RESULTS
Over 700 copies were sold. 3A purchased most 48. Nearly 200 attempts were submitted, of which about 100 were of a high standard.
Form 1. Winner Lesley Procter (IS)
Highly commended Lee (IT)
Commended Kay Collier (IX), Joyce Coleman (IX), Pauline Blackburn (IN).
Form 2. Winner Pat Marsh (2D)
Highly commended Norris (2A), Carole Walton (2D), Monica Lucas (2D).
Commended Elaine Whitfield (2D), Kathryn Dixon (2B). Christine Hadfield (2B).
Form 3. Winner Thomas (3C).
Highly Commended Lee (3B), Johnson (3D), Valerie Parker (3A).
Commended Marion Roberts (3A), Kathleen Harris (3A).
Form 4. Winner Elaine Norris (4Sc.)
Highly Commended Dot Levy (4L). Pam Burgoyne (4L), Vivien Hall (4M).
Commended Boardman (4Sc.), Barbara Dolan (4M).
Form 5. Winner Nola Brown (5Ll).
Highly commended Christine Sunsburg (5Ll), Pam Houltram (5L2).
Commended Robinson (5Sc.), Dobson (5PC), Hayward (5Sc.), Peters (5Sc.)
Form 6. Winner Lee (6LSc.), (Top mark 90.4 per cent.)
Highly Commended Wignall (6LSc.), Sandra Twigg (6LA).
Commended Chapman (6LSc.), Cartledge (6LA), Mortimer(6LA).
The following proceeded to FURTHER EDUCATION Summer 1966:
Brain, S., Mather College of Education, Biology.
Cherry, J., Birmingham College of Education, Divinity, Geography.
Gerrard, K., Manchester University, Mechanical Engineering.
Haslam, R., Liverpool University, Electronics.
Holt, B., Imperial College London, Metallurgy.
Jones, P., Manchester University, Metallurgy.
Lunness, T. J., York University, English.
Mitchell, R. L, Bolton College of Technology, Management Studies.
Pinches, M., .Salford R. College of Advanced Technology, Applied Chemistry.
Riordan, F. B., Bolton College of Technology. Management Studies.
Smith, J., Manchester University, Metallurgy.
Thornley, H. R., Didsbury College of Education, History.
Trace, J. T., Liverpool University, Metallurgy.
Vaughan, A., Imperial College, London, Metallurgy.
Catherine M. Baxter, Doncaster College of Education. French.
A. Wendy Bradburn, St. Catherine's ColI. of Education. Liverpool, English/Art
Hazel Brown, London School of Economics, Social Studies.
Susan Campbell, Sheffield University, Modern Languages.
Mary Edwards, Anstey College of Education, Physical Education.
Susan R. Heywood, Manchester University, Latin.
Marguerite Johnson, London College of Fashion.
Marilyn Jones, C. F. Mott College of Education.
S. N. Moody, Nonnington College of Education, Physical Education.
Margaret E. Muskett, Keele University, Modern Languages.
Cynthia I. Partington, C. F. Mott College of Education, Geography.
Helen Roberts, Bolton College of Art.
Veronica M. West, Manchester College of Art.
Christine E. Wilson, Manchester College of Commerce.
NEWS OF OLD ESSIANS
1. M. Sharratt, B.Se., Chemistry. London, June 1965. September went to Ghana to teach.
2. Katherine A. Smith, B.A. General degree in English, French and Law, at Manchester College of Commerce.
3. Geoffrey Almond, B.Sc., at Bangor.
4. Ernest Henrich is studying at Miinchen for a doctorate in medicine.
5. Peter A. Pomfrit, B.Sc., honours chemistry June 1966.
6. R. Gaffney, B.Sc., Eng. London 1966
7. Pamela Morris (nee Hicks), B.A. Honours in Geography at Liverpool University (1964), where she was also awarded a Certificate in Education (1965).
8. Gordon Warburton, B.Sc., Honours applied Science, Newcastle, June 1966.
9. J. M. Hoath, B.Sc. Honours Chemistry, Manchester.
10. Elizabeth Roberts (nee Dyson), B.A. Honours Economics and the Diploma in Education.
11. Jean Haycock, B.A. Honours Law at Leeds University.
12. Brian Yung, Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Sheffield, and is now working in Davyhulme.
13. Elizabeth Gardner, B.Sc. Honours Biochemistry, Sheffield.
14. Maurice Prendergast left college in 1962 as a qualified teacher and took a teaching post in the service with the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland. This year (1966) he obtained a B:Sc. Honours, London. Now in Zambia.